Saturday, August 28, 2010

China.

As some of you might know, Tommy and I are heading with a crew to China for a climbing trip. The crew consists of Tommy, Hayden Kennedy, Corey Rich, Marina Rich, Jeremy Collins, Mark Jenkins and myself.  We are SO excited to get our passports stamped and venture into Asia.  We are traveling to Keketuohai Geological National Park, which has an abundance of granite domes that climbers have not had the opportunity to spend much time exploring as far as we know.  We are excited to see what we will find!



The whole team is spread out (Tommy is in Truckee at the Craggin' Classic to do some climbing and give a slideshow), and so some of us will rendezvous in San Francisco and head over the Pacific from there, and I'm actually not sure where we are meeting the rest.  Regardless, we have a great group of friends and I'm looking forward to it!

I've been fortunate enough to fall into the position of assistant photographer to Corey Rich, which I'm so looking forward to observe and learn from one of the masters in adventure photography.  Seeing how Corey prepares for trips and is so organized is inspiring.  He is so on the ball.  Things here at the Caldwell household always manage to work out, but not usually with as much grace and fluidity as I've observed from the Brock and Rich household.  As I've mentioned before, we are learning and working towards these lofty goals!  Another of my roles for the trip is belay slave.  I love the opportunity of being able to be a part of the action, doing rope work and best of all....jugging!!!  :)  Some think I'm crazy, but I love being able to get up walls and into these places I can't necessarily climb, spend time with Tommy in his element, and just racing up the ropes!

In my glory jugging on El Cap in Yosemite National Park this past spring!


I'm not sure what the internet connection situation is going to be while in China.  There is some question as to what the Chinese military is going to let us do in regards to accommodations.  We would prefer to camp or stay in a yurt, but there's a chance we will stay in a hotel outside of the park, which in that case, there may be blog updates.  Otherwise, we will be back September 10th!

Here's a peach marg recipe from the Pioneer Woman that Susan and Patrick and I made up today (Disclaimer:  I am by no means trying to compete with Kelly Cordes and his delicious margs).  Enjoy the rest of the summer!  We are excited to come back to one of our favorite times of the year in Estes!!

Peach Margarita from Pioneer Woman's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a bad ass opportunity for you to assist with Corey Rich! Looking forward to seeing what you take. And in China of all places!

    ReplyDelete