Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home...

My apologies...I have been slacking on the blog.  No excuses.

Since the last post things have changed!!  Here's the update...

So...the morning after my last post, Tommy and I had been feeling a bit homesick and for a handful of other reasons were feeling like we wanted to head home after our time in El Chalten was going to be over instead of continuing on the remaining one month time in Argentina.  We thought it would be a long shot with plane tickets and change fees, but if for some reason it worked out and wasn't too expensive, we were going to head home.  We called the morning of the 21st asking Delta about flights home around the 5th of January.  The person told us that the only available flights were on the 23rd of December and there were only going to be "change of flight" fees, which was as cheap as it could get.  We debated for a little while, and decided to pull the trigger.  We were excited that we were going to be home to spend Christmas with our families, and just the thought of being at home was a wonderful thing.  I figured out that we have lived in the van longer than our house, and the total house time has accumulated to one month spread out over the past 6 months since we got married.  Crazy!!  We love traveling so much, and all of the opportunities that we have had have been amazing, but there's just something about home.

We were so sad to say goodbye to our friends in El Chalten, Carsten's family and the beautiful mountains, but it just seemed right.  The morning of the 23rd came super quick, and by 7:30am we started our 30+ hour journey home.  Everything went unbelievably smoothly from leaving the house to getting picked up at the airport by Tommy's parents.

We can't wait to head back down to El Chalten again so Tommy can actually get some climbing in and I can hopefully spend a lot of time running around the trails with a healthy knee and maybe even climb a route with my husband!

Aside from traveling home we have been eating and celebrating.  We had Christmas day dinner with Tommy's parents, the 26th was Christmas with my parents, followed by feasting for my brother's birthday, then I don't even remember what we did the 28th, and the 29th was another feast for my dad's birthday followed by a much needed day at Movement climbing gym.  Of course then there was more feasting and celebrating on the 31st with our friends from Estes.  We headed to The Rock Inn and spent 01/01/11 in bed watching movies until we peeled ourselves out of bed and went for another feast with my family since my brother was heading back to school.

The other night we had Hayden Kennedy and Kelly Cordes over for some margs, mega man salads and pizza.  Psyched for the company and don't plan to load my plate too full!







































7 comments:

  1. You guys make such a cute couple!

    Argentina looks awesome, I'll have to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to to thank you for this fantastic read!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely loved every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve got you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff you post…

    ReplyDelete
  6. You completed a number of fine points there.

    ReplyDelete